Mulches (Plastic & Paper)
Mulches have been used for years with great results of earlier, better quality vegetable harvests. Mulches help increase soil temperature, retain soil moisture, provide weed control, decrease leaching of fertilizers, and decrease the need for general cultivation around the plants.
• Black Plastic Mulch for tomato, pepper, eggplant, vine crops, and more.
• Blue for melons and squash.
• Brown for higher soil temperatures.
• Clear Mulch, SRM Olive for higher soil temperatures for crops such as vine plants.
• Metallic for insect control.
• Paper Mulch for crops that would normally benefit from other mulches, without the need for expensive labor to remove it at the end of the season, as it will degrade.
• Red for early, cool season tomatoes.
• White on Black for cooler temperature crops such as lettuce, cauliflower, and broccoli.
• Solar combined benefits of a black and clear mulch.