Statice makes ideal blooms for cut flowers or serves as an everlasting. Easily grow statice from seed and use them in bouquets or dried arrangements.
Tips for Growing Statice
These whimsical flowers are popular, colorful and known for their papery texture. Here are a few growing guidelines:
- Germination: Statice takes five to 14 days to germinate at 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sowing: Plant your seeds in seedling containers six weeks before transplanting them outdoors. Cover the seedlings to keep them in place and use light to aid germination. Then, acclimatize the plants and transplant them once the danger of frost is over.
- Light: Statice prefers sunlight.
- Soil: This flower does well in rich and well-drained soil.
- Harvesting: These plants look beautiful fresh or dried. Cut them once most of the flowers are opened.
- Pests: Caterpillars, thrips, mites and aphids commonly like statice — use repellants to protect your flowers.
Buy Statice Seeds
Harris Seeds has been selling high-quality seeds since 1879. Get your statice seeds for sale today!