Perennials are playing an increasing role in ornamentals production and in the home garden and landscape decorating. Greater emphasis is being placed on perennials that will flower first year from seed, and on those with faster finishing times. Harris Seeds continues to offer many of the basic perennial seed varieties that are vital to a well-rounded perennial program. However, you’ll find that most of our newer perennial seed introductions center around varieties that will flower the first spring from a fall or winter sowing. We’ve also included a perennial chart that identifies these first flowering types, as well as hardiness zones and other pertinent information. For our professional growers, if you cannot find a particular perennial variety in this seed section, be sure to check out our plug and liner program.
Bedding Plant Cultural Guide (Perennials)
Our Three Top Sellers
Here are three of our best-selling perennial seeds:
- Echinacea Cheyenne Spirit Mix: These mixed seeds offer an array of colors to brighten your plant nursery, retail space or garden.
- Lavender Vera: These bushy plants with purple-indigo flowers offer unique fragrances.
- Gaillardia Arizona Sun: These red-orange and yellow two-toned flowers are perfect for pots, beds, landscapes and mixed containers.
Benefits of Growing Perennials
There are many reasons to grow perennials, including:
- Attract beneficial insects: Perennials attract helpful predatory insects that eat harmful bugs, such as aphids and scale crawlers.
- Deter harmful pests: Planting certain perennial types around your crops helps to disorient harmful pests or act as a repellent, keeping your vegetable beds safer.
- Enjoy enticing fragrances: These plants smell great, which is ideal for you or your customers. This feature is also fantastic for attracting the right insects to help pollinate your plants.
Buy Seeds for Perennials Today!
Purchase top-quality perennial flower seeds from Harris Seeds. We’ve been providing premium-grade seeds and supplies since 1879.